WOW, Are these tasty and easy to make!!
If you are looking for finger foods for a party, or a meal, these Thai Lettuce Wraps will do the trick!!!
Make sure to follow me on Facebook for more healthy meals & fitness tips
- 2 cups (320g) shredded cooked skinless chicken breast (optional – the ones I made didn’t have chicken, but you can also add in Shrimp)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 4-5 (70g) spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 large (300g) carrots, finely grated
- 1½ cups (100g) finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 16 rice paper wrappers
- soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce for serving (optional)
- Mix chicken, shrimp (if you have it) with sesame oil, fish sauce and lime juice and set aside.
- While chicken is soaking up all those lovely Thai flavours, lay out all the salad vegetables in a production line so they’re ready to go.
- It’s best to make the rice paper rolls one at a time to ensure the paper doesn’t dry out too much. Place a rice paper wrapper into a bowl of warm or cold water (whatever the packet instructions suggest) and leave for about 30 seconds until it’s softened.
- Carefully lift wrapper out, gently squeeze off water and place on damp absorbent paper.
- Add a little chicken and your vegetables to the middle of the rice paper wrapper.
- Fold up the top and bottom sides over the filling and gently roll the mixture until enclosed.
- Place on a plate under damp absorbent paper and make the rest of the rice paper rolls.
- If you aren’t serving these now, place in the fridge under the damp kitchen paper in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat them. They will keep in the fridge for up to a day like this.
- Serve with soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce.’
For The Sauce ( optional) I dried some of the sauce over top and then had a bowl out for dipped.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Happy wrapping & I hope you enjoy these tasty treats!