The Best and Healthiest Turkey Chilli
Turkey chilli is one of my favourite dishes to prepare. I love to make it on the weekend, freeze smaller portions for those days when I just don’t feel like cooking or need a quick lunch on the go. This Chilli is delicious, nutritious and packed with protein. This recipe calls for 2 cans of kidney beans but sub them out for what ever you’d like!!
What you will need for your chilli
1 tsp. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper, chopped
1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
1 (28-oz.) can chopped tomatoes
2 cans (15-oz. each) kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. sea salt
Crushed red peppers (to taste; optional)
12 Italian parsley sprigs, chopped
How To Prepare Your Turkey Chilli
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add turkey; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned
4. Add tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, and red peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Divide chili into 6 serving bowls and garnish with parsley if desired.
I personally like a little sprinkle of cheddar cheese on the top of my chilli and a few drops of hot sauce and it is perfection!!!
For those of you who are working with me and on the 21 Day Fix, P90X, P90X3 or Body Beast, here is how this Turkey chilli fits into your meal plans!!!
Original recipe was posted on Team BeachBody site. Please head over here if you’d like to see the original post. Original Post