We are off for the long weekend to go hiking in the mountains and enjoy the evenings soaking in the hot springs.
I was recently looking for a list of things to pack, just so I don’t forget anything that may be essential.. like a few medical supplies and deodorant ( HA HA yes I forget to add that to my list!)
I stumbled across an article by Popsugar about staying Cute While Roughing it, and tricks to look you best without going overboard!
I by no means am a girlie girl! I love the outdoors, I love getting my nails dirty, camping, laying under the stars and being one with nature BUT I also feel my best when I am looking some what presentable.
SO HERE ARE THE TIPS TO STAYING CUTE WHILE ROUGHING IT 😀
- Dry shampoo: Not every campsite will have a shower station, and when they do, wet hair in the woods can wind up being a chore. Stick with a dry shampoo, like Dove Style+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo ($5), to refresh your locks.
- Spray-on toner: Sweaty from a day of hiking and sitting around the campfire? Your skin needs a little perk. Keep Evian Facial Water Spray ($12-$18) in your backpack to rehydrate and cleanse your skin when you need it.
- Waterproof mascara: Just because you’re roughing it doesn’t mean your beauty products have to stay at home. A waterproof mascara like Rimmel London Scandal’eyes ($7) is the perfect blend of pretty and functional.
- Tinted moisturizer with SPF: Keep your skin quenched, protected, and glowing with a tinted moisturizer with SPF. While you should still rely on your regular sun shield, Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($34) is light enough to wear all day and offers up good protection from the sun.
- Facial cleansing wipes: Even though your bathroom sink is miles away, that’s no reason to let your skin-cleansing routine slide. Keep breakouts at bay with cleansing wipes like Yes To Cucumber Soothing Facial Towelettes ($6).
- Sweet-smelling bug repellent: Bug repellent that doesn’t leave behind an awful chemical scent? Yes, it does actually exist! Honest Company Bug Spray ($13) keeps the pests away and smells of jasmine and sandalwood. You’ll want to wear it whether you’re camping or couch surfing.
My personal add on would be a hat or a bandana to keep your hair tame!!
Please share with me your tips on what I need to bring this weekend while hiking in the mountains.